Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tour Control now Possible. Yay!

First a question: At the grand old age of 39 am I still allowed to use "Yay"? :)

Anyway, way back I suggested that the lack of control of tour was a problem with tGoogle Earth and recording a video of a tour was a solution. Here's an example:




Well, the release of GE lite in a browser means that good tour control is now possible which is what excites Dan Catt too. Instead of the above tour being an embedded video I can embed a Google Earth window, fly people through a tour of a Google Earth based project and then leave them to explore in more detail on their own in the same window. Great potential for all sorts of projects.

Now I just have to remember all the javascript I've forgotten since I built this flash resource.

No comments: